Spider Socks

This is a place for Rora and Millie to be crazy together.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Dee watched Sage, anxiously, not rising to stop him, but watching carefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wowa.forumotion.com
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Sage climbed the ladder and carefully peeled back the layers of blankets that hid Ume from view.

Ume was sleeping soundly, green hair soft and messy, face dreamy and sweet with sleep.
"He's just adorable!" Sage squealed. He lifted Ume into his arms and hugged him tight.
Ume opened his eyes and whimpered pitifully.
"O-oh, little one, I'm sorry. I forgot about your sunburn." Sage set him back down carefully.
Ume looked around frantically for Dee. "Help!" he squeaked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Oh Dear   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Dee stepped over to the ladder quickly, looking up at Ume, "It's alright. This is Sage. He's here to help," He told Ume, trying to be soothing.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage's bedside manner leaves something to be desired.   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Ume stuck out his lower lip. Having just woken up from a bad dream, he felt particularly ill equipped to deal with this strange new world.

"Let's take care of these footsies first." Sage examined each of Ume's injured feet, "You can't let this happen ever again, okay? If you walk around with hurt feet you could end up with no feet."
Ume whimpered again.
"Oh, no, not this time. You'll be okay this time. Can he not speak?" Sage took some leaves out of his apron and poked them into Ume's unsuspecting mouth, "Chew on these, but don't swallow them. It'll make you feel better. Don't spit them out yet."
Ume looked like he was about to cry.
"I'm sorry it tastes bad." Sage said. He rubbed ointment on Ume's wounds wrapped his feet with bandages made of long fibrous leaves (since cloth was to valuable to waste).
"Okay you can spit it out now." Sage held out his hand for Ume to spit out the clump of nasty leaves into.
After Ume spit out the leaves, Sage took out a dusty candy from his apron pocket, blew on it once and put it in Ume's mouth.
Ume looked shocked that it didn't taste bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Dee sat back down, watching them, "He needs to eat, too," He said, partially to himself, "I don't have much for him to eat,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:34 pm

"That is the sort of thing you have to think about before you get a pet." Sage teased Dee. "Is that where you were before Ume? Someone's pet, maybe a human? I have heard of them doing that with young elves that are really cute like you."
Ume shook his head solemnly, "I lived with my mother."
"I never ate my lunch today, you can have it." Sage took out a hard biscuit with a bit of salted meat in the center.
Ume ate the biscuit hungrily.
"How old are you?" Sage wondered.
"I don't know." Ume mumbled, mouth full of biscuit.
"Closer to an adult? Or closer to a child?" Sage asked.
"I have to double my years before I am fully grown. That's what mother said." Ume said, when he had finished his biscuit.
"But how does that help you if you don't know how many years you have? Never mind, we will call you sixteen. Sixteen is closer to adult then child." Sage said, "Take off your clothes."
Ume struggled out of his clothes.
Sage raised his eyebrows, "This is a little too easy, there is no sport in it." he told Dee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Dee chose to ignore this last comment from Sage, watching Ume instead, "Were you planning on going somewhere in particular when you were traveling, Ume?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Sage took out a little jar of aloe lotion and began to rub it gently onto Ume's burned limbs. He was a little annoyed that Dee didn't rise to the bait.

"I was looking for . . . others to stay with. I didn't know where I was going though." Ume said.
"Other what?" Sage asked.
"I, Uh . . ." Ume bit his lip and appeared to be trying to think of the right answer.
"I can tell from your hands that you have never done any hard work. So, what have you been dong?" Sage asked.
"N-nothing, nothing really." Ume said nervously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee concerned   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:52 pm

"At least you found a safe place," Dee said, reassuringly, "You can talk to some of the elder ones here. Maybe they can help you and give you advice," He fiddled with the arrows, restlessly.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage tries to lure Ume away   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:03 pm

While Sage was putting on the lotion, Ume noticed something funny and grabbed a hold of it.
"Hey, let go of my tail, Silly." Sage said.
"You can have a tail!?" Ume said excitedly.
"I can, and I do." Sage said, quite amused. "You don't seem to have one though."
"No, not at the moment." Ume said wistfully.
"Not at the moment? Isn't he cute!" Sage giggled, "Do you like my tail? You can borrow it."
"I like it but, I think you're teasing me." Ume said solemnly.
Sage bopped Ume's nose with his tail, "Come and stay at my house, there isn't much room but, we will feed you and give you some easy, though tedious, work to do."
"I want to stay with Dee." Ume said
"Ugh, I hate you for seeing him first." Sage told Dee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: So Cute   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:13 pm

"I am only helping him. He can go where he wants," Dee said, stubbornly, to Sage, before turning back to Ume, "You can stay here as long as you want. I am usually gone during the day, guarding the village and gathering food and working. I will show you around and try to get you used to things before I go, though,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage, naughty naughty boy   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:31 pm

"He should stay off his feet for a few days." Sage said. "That's why you should come to my house, you could assist my Moma and you wouldn't have to move around much."
"Is Medicine Moma your mother?" Ume asked cautiously.
"Actually she is my Grandmother." Sage said.
"I think I'll stay with Dee." Ume said, remembering his terror when faced with Medicine Moma.
"Okay, I give up for now." Sage kissed Ume's cheek. "It might be to much of a temptation for me to have you sleeping next to me anyway. Moma would never forgive me for deflowering an innocent little thing like you. When you are a bit older and you know what's what, I want to be your first. It will give me something to look forward to. Wait for me, okay? Don't give it up for him." He gestured his head toward Dee, "He probably doesn't know how to do it, anyway."
Ume tilted his to the side, genuinely having no idea what he was talking about, "Do what?" he wondered.
"Never mind, I'm just being bad." Sage said, "It's cruel to tease you, good thing you didn't understand a word of it."
"The kiss was nice." Ume said, sorry that he didn't know what Sage was talking about.
"Oh come here!" Sage hugged Ume again and covered his face with butterfly kissed.

Last edited by Rora on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Wow, Sage   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Dee shook his head in disbelief, giving Sage a look, and getting to his feet, "Alright, you are done confusing him," He said, flatly, tugging on one of Sage's braids to coax him down from the ladder, "Let's go. I'll walk you home while he tries to fall back asleep,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:31 pm

"Ow, hey, I was getting some sugar." Sage said. He ruffled Ume's hair, one last chance to touch him. "Bye, bye. I will come back tomorrow to check on your feet."
"Bye." Ume waved to him.
Sage allowed himself to be led away by the hair, "Alright, alright, I'm coming." He followed Dee out of the hut. "You're not mad at me, are you? I was just playing around. He didn't know what I was talking about anyway." Sage made it hard to be mad at him by giving you a hurt puppy look when he thought he might be in trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Mad At Choo   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:36 pm

"You must remember that this is basically his first interactions with any other Elves," Dee scolded, as they walked away from the little house, "But, no, I'm not mad," He admitted, unable to look at Sage with a stern look. He sighed, warily, his ear twitching in the breeze.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage is sowwy (maybe)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:45 pm

"You really do like him, huh? That was fast. I mean, I will admit that Ume is . . . disarming." Sage said, "Do you think that he is being totally honest? Because I am not sensing total honesty . . . I think he was trying to evade my questions, for what reason I have no idea. Have you really been that lonely?" Sage took Dee's hand, wanting to hold hands like when they were children. He felt keenly sometimes the similarities of their gruesome and tragic backgrounds. But at least he still had some family left, unlike Dee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Childhood Habits   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 pm

"It isn't that I like him so much," Dee said, allowing his hand to be held without protest, "Although I do like what I know of him, anyway. I don't know about his honesty . . . . But I don't think he has anything but innocent intentions, so far," Dee's eyes were dark and earnest, "I am not so sure it's best for him to stay with me, though, honestly. Maybe with one of the families. I don't know that I'm the one to make him . . . . acclimated with ordinary life," He seemed to choose not to answer the question about loneliness.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:00 pm

"No, I think he is best off with you. Going from isolation to a boisterous family where he would be expected to know how to do all the chores and probably babysit the little ones . . . it would be to much for him at the moment. No family around here would take in a teenager and feed him without expecting him to pull his own weight and then some." Sage said. Adding softly, "No one would be as kind to him as you are. I do not think he is dangerous or I would not take the chance of leaving him with you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Awww   Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 am

Dee considered it for a moment, frowning, still holding Sage's hand, "Maybe," He said, "Well, he can stay with me for awhile, then. Maybe he does need some peace and time to get his thoughts together. But, you will come to check on him often?"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage   Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:01 am

"I have to keep an eye on those cuts on his feet to make sure they don't start getting infected. Should be fine, though." Sage grinned, "You know me well enough to know that nothing could keep me away! Something new in my boring little life, I wouldn't miss it."
They arrived at the Medicine Moma's hut on the edge of town. A modest little two room structure that looked for all the world like a cave but, was in fact a little dome made of mud over a skeleton of rusted metal pipes. Smoke from a cooking fire rose from the narrow crooked chimney.
"You should come inside for a minute, I bet my Moma has some soup that you can take home with you." Sage said.
Every day Medicine Moma made a big pot of soup and took most of it away with her to visit one of the more down on their luck families, a different one every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Fooood   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:47 am

Dee hesitated, but the idea of hot soup was too enticing to him, having not eaten all day, "Alright, if it's no trouble," He said, with a rare, small smile at Sage.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Medicine Moma's House   Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Sage led him inside through the low front door, that you had to duck to get through. Inside, there were two wide steps you had to descend to get to the floor. The design, by making the hut partially underground, helped regulate the temperature inside all year round.
The front room, separated from the smaller back room by a curtain of tightly woven leaves, was taken up largely by a cooking pit, a heavy wooden table, and a bench.
As would be expected of a medicine Moma, the ceiling was hung with drying herbs and unidentifiable plants, and the walls were lined with built in shelves that were full of little bags, boxes, clay jars, and a few small glass bottles (that were rare and precious).

The Medicine Moma tended her cooking pot happily. Making a special soup, each day different based on the ingredients at hand was one of her little secret pleasures in life.
"Hello, children." She said. Moma would insist on calling them children even after they were old and grey, Sage thought. "How is your cute house guest?"
"He will be fine, Moma." Sage answered for Dee, "The injuries are just short of serious. No permanent damage I'm sure."
"How are you getting along?" she asked Dee.

Last edited by Rora on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:54 pm

"We are getting along fine, Moma," Dee said, breathing in the warm scent of the hut, "He's confused, but easy to get along with. I just hope I can help him get adjusted," He looked up at the herbs on the ceiling, contemplatively.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Medicine Moma   Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:01 pm

The Moma took a taste of her soup with an old silver ladle. It smelled invitingly of potatoes and wild onions.
"He does seem like a sweet boy." she said, "If a bit simple minded."
"Very sweet." Sage agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee   Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:15 pm

"I think he just needs some time," Dee said, looking at the soup, hungrily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story    

Back to top Go down

The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next