Spider Socks

This is a place for Rora and Millie to be crazy together.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:45 pm

"This is your den?" Ume wondered, secretly thinking it was much to low to the ground and small to make a proper den. He touched the carvings on the door.
"I hope . . . it does not trouble you to have me here." he fretted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: No Trouble   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:52 pm

"Don't worry about that," Dee said, firmly, pushing the door open.
The hut only had one room, with sand over well-worn boards for a floor. There was a little table made out of metal sheets towards the back of it, a rickety chair next to that, and a large trunk off to the side. A wooden ladder led up to a loft, where a pile of blankets and pillows made a little nest to sleep in; the nest was plenty big enough for three or four people.
Dee offered Ume the rickety chair to sit on, "We'll get you cleaned up when they bring the water. Do you have a name?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wowa.forumotion.com
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Yes I do   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:57 pm

"Yes I do." Ume nodded. When that didn't seem like enough of a response he added, "Oh, it's Ume." He sat down on the chair.

Some of the children pulled a round metal tub, much patched and heavily used by all the village children, into Dee's house and scurried off to get water to fill it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Late Introductions   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:02 pm

"I am Deandros," Dee said, going to the trunk, and pulling out a thin shirt. He held the pants and shirt up to Ume, "These are to wear, after you take your bath. They're to keep you warm and clean,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:08 pm

"O-oh." he said, as though that explained some things he had been wondering about. "It will protect my skin from injury? And I'll look more like you."

The children came in with pitchers and jugs of water, filling up the tub about half way. "Moma said that you should stay in that cold water for a while so you don't get a fever." One of them told Ume. They ran away to other business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Bathtime   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Dee nodded, and offered Ume his hand to help him into the bathtub, carefully taking the blanket from around Ume's shoulders.
When Ume got into the tub, Dee went to the trunk again and got out a thick bar of homemade soap that had been wrapped up in a cloth, "You have to be careful with it, because it'll burn your cuts, but you'll be cleaner,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume, still not getting that Dragons are different.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Ume shivered. "It's co-old. Why do we get in the water? I guess this is what people do when they don't have m-mothers to lick them clean anymore." He started sniffling sadly, it was hard to tell whether it was just the cold or, he was getting ready to cry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: No Momas to Lick Them Clean :C   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:18 pm

"Shhh," Dee said, kneeling beside the tub, soaping up his hands, and stroking Ume's hair with the suds, "They should have warmed it for you. I'm sorry," He said, soothingly, "You'll feel much better when you're clean, though,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:23 pm

"My skin feels a little better." Ume closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of Dee's fingers in his hair. Hair was also a new thing for Ume. "I will gave you a present out of the bag my mother gave me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: So Cute!   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm

"No, no, you keep your things," Dee said, carefully rinsing Ume's hair by cupping water in his hands and wetting it, "You will have plenty of things to pay for and worry about later. You don't need to repay me," He soaped up his hands again and took one of Ume's arms, gently washing it up and down, and washing Ume's hands, too.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume, won't keep his secret very long.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Ume's hands were fairly clean and short nailed for a boy who had been living in the woods. They were also baby soft, like he had never done any work.
"I want to . . ." Ume shivered again violently, "I'm so tired . . . I can't get used to sleeping in this f-- I mean, without mother"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Nice and Clean   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:37 pm

"I know," Dee said, softly, "You can sleep soon. And we'll get you some food when you wake up," He gently helped to rinse Ume, and then he picked up the blanket to dry him off with, holding it out for Ume to step into.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Ume followed his lead obediantly, content to be wrapped in the blanket. "I like you, you aren't one of those bad people Mother told me about." His eyelids dropped drowsily over his unnaturally golden eyes. "Are you. . . Are you a Dragon?" Ume thought that it was a possibility that Dee was an undercover Dragon like himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Unfortunately Not   Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Dee patted Ume dry, "No, I am an Elf," He said, gently, assuming Ume was a little out of it from the journey, "Everyone here is an Elf," He carefully tried to help Ume get dressed, offering the pants, "After you get dressed, you can lay down,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume, disappointed   Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:02 pm

"A dragon is someone who won't bother you unless you bother him. A dragon is as noble and calm as a mountain. Those are things that mother told me. I thought you fit the description." Ume said, frowning a bit. Too bad it wasn't so easy to find another Dragon.
Ume looked at the pants in Dee's hands and the pants he was wearing, gradually put two and two together and lifted his foot to allow Dee to help him put the pants on.
"It is the highest compliment to say you are like a dragon." Ume said, flinching when the cloth rubbed against his burned skin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Highest of Compliments   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 pm

"Thank you very much, then," Dee said, pulling the pants on Ume and tying them loosely at the waist. Then, he offered Ume the shirt, "You can sleep up in the loft. I'll wake you up when Sage comes to bandage you. I am glad to be like a dragon,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume sleepy   Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:06 am

Ume struggled into the shirt and gave Dee a drowsy grin. "We are glad that you are glad," he said, apparently speaking for all dragons. He went to the ladder leading up to the loft. "Thank you for sharing your nest with me. I know it's not an easy thing to share with someone you don't know." He climbed up to the loft and peeked down at Dee. It was nice to be sleeping high up again, even if it wasn't very very high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sleep   Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:45 am

The nest was a pretty comfortable one; there were a couple places that your foot could slip down between the boards of the loft, but the blankets and pillows were cozy and warm.
"It's fine. No one else is here with me, so I have plenty of room," Dee said, taking the tub in his arms and carefully carrying it outside. After dumping the water out, he propped the tub up outside to dry, and came back in, closing the door. "Just rest, Ume. I'll make sure no one bothers your things," He set the sack made of red scales on top of the trunk to wait for Ume.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume's making a nest   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:12 am

Ume scrunched up the blankets and snuggled into them until he was cozy. Blankets seemed like a fine new invention to him, finally something that felt good against his fragile piggy skins.

A few hours later, when the afternoon sun had drifted down into the evening position, the door to Dee's hut was opened without any warning.
Sage stood in the doorway, medical supplies stuffed into the dusty apron that he used for herb gathering.
He was a tall boy, about twenty years of age with a lean feral quality. His hair was dark brown with a single pure white streak near the front, it was twisted into eight perfectly even braids that fell almost to his knees and were decorated with shells, colored stones and antique coins (no longer of any value as money). He had a sleek brown furred tail, like a cats tail, which almost blended in with his braids. Sage's face, which had clearly once held an enviable beauty; full pink lips, witty dark eyes with thick long lashes that it was hard to believe he could see through, was spared any sort of symmetry by his right eye having gone blind and clouded over all white, and a jagged ugly scar trailing down his right cheek.
It was said that those who survive a cannibal attack are never right in the head thereafter. He was intimidating, and prone to bad moods and tempers with the slightest provocation.
Although, he was known to have a special fondness for Dee.
"Deandros, did you lay down with my sister?" he asked. "Don't get all flustered, I'm only kidding." He punched Dee lightly on the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee and Sage   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Dee looked like he wasn't sure if he should scowl or laugh at this, and ended up with a kind of grimacing half-smile at Sage.
He had been sitting on the rickety chair, tying together arrows(made of thin strips of wood and uneven, sharp pieces of metal for the heads), perhaps for the guards to use, or perhaps for a future hunting trip.
Dee motioned up at the sleeping Ume, "He's very confused. His name is Ume," He said, quietly, to Sage, "And I wasn't flustered,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage is a little off center   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:07 pm

"You know, you are the only guy in this village that I would allow to go after Iris." Sage said, only half teasing. "So, they found a strange naked guy outside the gates, and his name is Ume. I'm afraid I missed the commotion. Is there anything else about him I should know?"
His tail began to wag in anticipation of a new adventure.
Sage's fingernails were long and naturally pointed, a bit like claws, and he painted them purple with berry juice. He clicked his claws together for good measure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Contemplating Ume   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:13 pm

"Well, I get the feeling he hasn't seen too many other people in his life," Dee said, carefully, absentmindedly scritching the fur on one of his ears, "He had never worn clothes before. You should be gentle with him,"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm

"Hmm, the way you say that makes me think you are afraid I'm going to like him A little to much!" Sage let out an evil laugh. Just a little one.
"I was going to ask why on earth you would let a stranger stay with you but, maybe I will soon find out? You know he could be a spy from one of the other villages, here to see how many animals and crops we have, what our defenses are like."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee likes Ume   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:28 pm

"Like what village? I don't think any other Elf villages would do that, and he's not a human," Dee said, looking up at Ume, asleep in the loft, "He's too young. And, you'll see - he doesn't act like a spy," Dee said all this as if he'd run through all of the paranoid dangers in his head, too. He tapped the wooden part of the arrow against his ear, thoughtfully, frowning up at Ume, "I think he was probably from some stray Elves, and he's the last one left . . . ."
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Sage   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:32 pm

"So you plan on keeping him then?" Sage looked up but, couldn't get a good look at Ume with all the blankets in the way. "I'm going up there to wake him up." He hurried to the ladder before Dee had a chance to protest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story    

Back to top Go down

The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next