Spider Socks

This is a place for Rora and Millie to be crazy together.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Shiny Place   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:43 pm

"Sometimes they do," Dee said, looking around too, poking at a box on a nearby shelf; it's contents rattled and clinked together, "They may be storing up for the winter themselves, now, though,"

"Who's out there, anyway?" The woman called again.

"Deandros and a new friend," Dee called back.

There was suddenly a scrambling sound from overhead, and footsteps scurrying along the floor above them, running for the stairs.
The woman scurried out from the hallway, holding a steaming pot of a strong-smelling tea. The woman was in her 40s or 50s, with her long black hair greying. She had an attractive face even though it was creased with worry lines. Her eyes were a dark brown, her skin was pleasantly pale, and she wore an old tunic, pants, and wooden sandals.
Sticking out of her tunic was a long, greyish-blue tail, somewhat like a fluffy cat's, the end of it poofing slightly. It looked like it would be terribly soft.
"Oh my! Is this the new Elf?!" She said, excitedly, her wooden sandals clanking against the floor as she hurried over, almost spilling the tea, "I'm so pleased to meet you!" Her eyes were bright and sparkling with a kind of happy mischief.
"Moma Odessa, this is Ume," Dee introduced, politely, "Ume, this is Odessa, the merchant,"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wowa.forumotion.com
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Ume looked taken aback. "P-pleased to meet you." he said politely. He bowed slightly like he had seen Dee do in the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Moma Odessa   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 pm

"Would you like some tea? I bet you would," Odessa said, scurrying around to find some cups, "I was hoping you would come see me,"
Suddenly, two more people sped into the room, running into each other and Moma Odessa in the cramped space.
"W-We'll help, Moma," The girl said, breathlessly. She was a girl of eighteen, and she looked much like her Moma; her hair was black and went just past her shoulders, but was currently pulled back. She had a matching fluffy, blue-grey tail, and even more mischief in her dark eyes than Moma Odessa had.
"Ow, Lilly, you stepped on my foot," The other person said, temporarily distracted. He was a boy going on seventeen, and his looks were striking; not only did he have the matching tail, but this one also had blue-grey hair, completely fluffed around his face in soft waves, to go with it. The especially striking thing about this one, though, were his eyes; they were an unnaturally bright, pale blue, and it seemed like they might knock you over if they looked at you with enough force. His face was flushed with excitement, currently; he had very nice features that, in a couple years, would move properly from being cute to truly pretty.
"You two - " Moma Odessa spluttered, trying to keep all of the tea from spilling, "Liger! Go get cups!"
"Ow! Moma, you burned my tail," Lilly said, as a splash of hot tea landed on the fluffy tail.
Liger made an unhappy sound at being told to leave so quickly, but he scurried back out in search of cups.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume overwhelmed   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 pm

"Okay, I will have some." Ume was tensed and ready to dodge if any hot tea or flying projectiles sped his way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Lilly and Liger   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Lilly hopped out of the way of her flustered Moma, grinning at Ume and Dee, eagerly, "Pleased to meet you!"
Dee was scowling slightly at all of the ruckus, "Ume, this is Lilly, Moma Odessa's daughter. The other one is Liger,"
"I'm sorry for the mess!" Odessa squeaked, as Liger came running back in with a few misshapen and chipped tea cups, "Here we go," Momma Odessa poured Dee and Ume each a cup of hot tea, and set it on the table for them, motioning to some stools that were off to the side, for them to sit down on.
Lilly and Liger were swishing their tails back and forth as they watched Ume.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Ume smiled at them in that way that said, I'm happy to see you too, lets play! As soon as the grown ups aren't around.
"Very nice to meet you both." He blew on his tea a bit to cool it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Lilly, Liger and Odessa   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:11 am

Moma Odessa cleared her throat and tried to pull herself together a bit, after that frantic scene, "So, what can I do for you boys?" She asked, smiling sweetly.
Dee motioned to Ume's red scale bag, "Ume has some things that he might want to trade with,"
"Oh, good!" Odessa said, clapping her hands together.
"I love your hair," Lilly said to Ume, grinning. Her canine teeth were ever-so-slightly pointed.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:20 am

"Really? I think it is to short." Ume said. "Let's see what's in here." Ume fished around in his bag and pulled out a little square case. He popped it open revealing a tiny clock tarnished a dull brown but, it looked as though all the parts were there. "It's . . . a clock. Mother said that humans use these things to tell time . . . which is . . . The distance between morning and night fall?" Ume seemed to find the concepts of time and clocks very abstract.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Moma Odessa   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:24 am

"Mm-hm, mm-hm," Moma Odessa said, taking the clock and holding it up to her ear, shaking it a little, "And were you wanting something in particular for this?" She also smelled the little clock, and turned it over, looking at the screws in the back.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:28 am

The clock was the wind up sort with a key that you turn in the back.
Ume looked at Dee for help. "Maybe . . . practical things like food, blankets, a knife? I don't know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Odessa   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 am

"Perhaps some clothes," Dee offered up to Odessa.
"Oh? Those run a lot, you know," Moma Odessa said, turning the little key back and forth until she managed to turn it the right way, "I don't see why we couldn't work something out, though,"
Liger pulled out some thick cotton fabric, made of the pale blue wool, out from under one of the tables, "Like this!" He volunteered.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:44 am

"How does that become a clothes?" Ume wondered innocently, "I do like the color, though." He smiled a Liger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Lilly, Liger and Odessa   Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 am

"You . . . . sew it into the shape of you!" Lilly said.
"We have thinner cloth, too, and leathers of all kinds," Moma Odessa said, "They're very valuable, though. I can make you an outfit, if I get your measurements," She smiled at Ume, "For a large discount, of course, because you are such a nice boy. Do you have anything else to trade? Would you be interested in some jewelry?" She showed him a basket full of gears and cogs.
"What do you need? Are you hungry?" Liger asked, eagerly.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume confuzzled   Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:00 am

Ume blinked, unsure what to reply to first. "Is that enough to cover the cost of an outfit or, do I need to add something else?" he asked the Moma. "No, I am fine." Ume told Liger politely, although in fact he was rather hungry. "Dee has been taking care of me, I only asked about food because I thought if I traded for some food I could pay him back."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: So Many People   Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:07 am

"It's enough for your first outfit," Moma Odessa said, closing the little box, and stuffing the clock into a box under the table, "Get my measurers, Lilly," She demanded.
Lilly scurried off to the other areas of the house. "You don't need anything? Are you sure?" Liger asked, resting his chin on his hand, looking at Ume with those intense eyes.
"Don't pester him, Liger," Moma Odessa scolded, gently. She came around the table to get a good look at Ume, "Look at you. How old are you, dear?"
Lilly scurried back with a homemade cloth tape measure, handing it to Odessa.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:10 am

Ume's belly growled in protest of him saying that he wasn't hungry, "Well . . ." He said to Liger. "I don't know." He told Moma Odessa, "The boy yesterday said I was sixteen but, that is just a guess."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Moma Odessa   Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:37 pm

"You aren't sure?" Moma Odessa said, her eyes growing big and sad.
"I will go get you some food," Liger said, scurrying away back into the hallway.
"He looks maybe a little younger than Liger, so that seems about right," Lilly said.
"Well . . . . Raise up your arms, dear," Moma Odessa said, stepping towards Ume with the tape measure.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume, Sage would be sad that you don't know his name   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Ume obediantly put his arms in the air, "I'm sure my mother was keeping track, after all she was the one that hatched me." He smiled at Lilly, trying to cheer himself up. "When my feet are better, we will play together all day! I've never had anyone else to play with before . . ."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Like Wagging Puppies   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Lilly smiled at him; she had a very pretty smile, "We definitely will!"
"She hatched you? You are so cute, Ume!" Moma Odessa said, delighted. She began to measure his arms and around his waist, mumbling measurements to herself as she did so. Her brow was furrowed in concentration.
Liger scurried back in, carrying some food wrapping up in cloth. He handed it to Dee, since Ume was busy, "There you go. I'm sure Ume needs to eat a lot after his journey. Where did you come from, Ume?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume    Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:16 pm

"Let's see." Ume said, thoughtfully. "I walked for three days. First through mountains, then through trees and trees and trees. I came from on a mountain, near the big forest that is out here past this village? I am not very good with directions."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Lilly and Liger   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:22 pm

"It sounds like you traveled a very long way," Lilly said, sympathetically.
"Do you like it here so far? You're staying, right?" Liger asked, eagerly.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm

"I'm not sure how long I will be staying." Ume said, as though it had just occured to him to consider it. "Everyone here has been so nice to me! Especially Dee, he is treating me like family." Ume's eyes glistened, a teary feeling had suddenly come over him. "I love Dee." He turned to Dee with an anxious look, "Don't be angry at me for saying so."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee and Ume   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Dee looked surprised, and there seemed to be a faint blush on his cheeks, "Of course I'm not mad," He said, quietly.
"You are just the sweetest thing," Moma Odessa said to Ume, temporarily breaking her concentration in his leg measurements.
"Well, we all hope you'll stay," Liger said, giving Ume a warm smile, "We never get any new Elves around here," His tail swished back and forth, happily.
"I'm sure you'll fit in great!" Lilly said, cheerfully, "And you have so many people to meet!"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:38 pm

"I'll at least stay for a while! I can't see any harm in it." Ume said, "Everything has been so new and exciting. I am learning a lot."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Lilly, Liger and Odessa   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Moma Odessa straightened up, "Alright, I think I have enough to get started on your clothes. But if you are going to leave at some point, you really must make sure you have what you need, Ume. Take my word for it - my children's Papa traveled in his caravan for many years, and my son is now traveling out there. You must have supplies and tools and a real plan," She was giving Ume a rather intense, imploring look, "You are so lucky to have made it here safely,"
"Everyone here will help," Lilly assured Ume, with a smile, "And once you're feeling better, you can come with us gathering food and doing chores, and we'll teach you what we can,"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story    

Back to top Go down

The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next