Spider Socks

This is a place for Rora and Millie to be crazy together.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story    Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:16 pm

This is the place for the actual story. We will keep off topic or out of character comments to a minimum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Dragons Den   Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:35 pm

The dragon mother's home was high high and deep deep in a metal tree, actually two metal trees, leaning together and fused by the hands of time and rust and climbing vines. Metal trees were a human construction, although they had long ago lost the memory of how they had made them.
It was just as well, no use the humans getting more uppity then they already were.

Dragon mother was very ill, she knew that she would die. And here she was with a still young son, little more then a hatchling. At 150 years he was still small enough (a mere twelve feet) to fit cozily under her wing.

Her beautiful son Ume (pronounced Oo-may Japanese style) had shining green and gold scales and the most perfect triangle shaped head. But, he was so innocent, barely knew how to hunt on his own, couldn't breath fire. Would never understand the evil that he would come across in the world.

But, what choice did she have? Dragon mother picked out some easily tradeable (she hoped) and portable items from her hoard and put them in a sack made of a bit of her own red scales that she had shed.

She sent Ume away with the best instructions she could give him and the bag of treasure.

A Dragon likes to die alone.

Last edited by Rora on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Approaching   Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:02 pm

The village was nestled into a thin forest, with dry underbrush and dirt and sand covering the ground. It wasn't a terrible large village, but it was an old and sturdy one, and was surrounding by a wall built of old stones of various shapes. The wall wasn't too tall and a person could scale it easily if they wanted to - if it weren't for the guards, anyway.
The roofs of some of the houses and structures in the village were visible within the wall. There was a tall wooden outpost just within one of the walls, and a couple of Elf men were in the shaded little booth at the top, watching out for intruders. Other elves could be seen all along the walls, but were mostly in relaxed positions - the men in the watch outpost were the ones carefully scanning the area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wowa.forumotion.com
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Ume was already so tired. He had traveled for three days in his dragon form but, on this last day he had shifted. His mother had told him not to show his true form to anyone, unless he was sure that they were also dragons. He had heard with his keen ears, signs of other people nearby.

He was so hungry and thirsty. Mother had said not to turn back. She would already be dead. Oh, how he longed to retreat!
No one had told him how uncomfortable it would be to walk around in human form. His bare feet were scratched and cut and he was beginning to get a terrible sunburn.

Maybe he could get some food and water and clothing from these people he could hear up ahead. Mother had said to try and avoid anyone except for dragons but, he was sure he could not make it much longer like this.

So, Ume approached the village he saw through a gap in the trees. He didn't quite know what a sight he would make to others.

A pale and pink young man, looking about 15 or 16 at the most, completely naked. He had a shock of bright green hair and pointed ears. He was short with a pretty face and very large gold eyes. You see, he had not totally mastered his human appearance having rarely seen a human.

He walked up to the gate and looked around for someone.

Last edited by Rora on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Alert! Alert! Aye Aye Aye!   Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Suddenly, there were whistles coming from the outpost, and one of the men called down "Aye, Aye! To the North!"
The Elves on the walls all scrambled to alert; some of them had makeshift swords, spears, and arrows. Ume suddenly had many eyes on him.
"Stop right there, stranger!" One of the older elves on the wall called.
There were immediate murmurs of confusion and alarm. Some of them actually sounded more concerned than defensive.
"It's just a baby," and "Oh, no, what happened?" could be heard from a couple of them.

Last edited by Millie on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo!)
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Ume was suddenly afraid, he had not quite expected this sort of reaction. Also, it was more people then he had ever been around in his life. What if they meant him harm? Mother had said that there were a lot of dangers out here.

He started to run back into the woods but, stopped. He could not live like that. It was better to take a chance.

Ume looked at them, chewing on his lower lip nervously.
"I am sorry to cause you trouble." he said awkwardly, "I need some help. I have goods to trade." He help up his red scale bag that mother had given him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: M'awww   Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:36 pm

The Elves looked down at Ume, still looking uneasy, but not afraid of him. They murmured among themselves for a moment. Much of the talking seemed to wonder what Ume was, and if he was an elf.
"Dee, go open the gate," One of the older men called.
One of the younger guards jumped down to walk within the wall. In a moment, the heavy stone gate near Ume was being pushed open.

The man that opened it looked to be possibly in his early twenties or late teens. He skin was darkly tanned, and he had dark, full auburn hair that would have fallen low over his back, but was currently up in a high ponytail, with an old cog - shined as much as it could be - around the tie for decoration. His ears were long, thin, and pointed at the edges, with tufts of pale fur surrounding them, and his dark green eyes were large and cat-like. He was wearing rough leather pants, currently rolled up, and a thin old shirt. His feet were bare and callused from never wearing shoes. He carried a short spear that didn't look very sharp.
The man looked at Ume with a gaze conflicted with curiosity, worry, and a distrust of strangers randomly approaching.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Ume looked him over for a long time. Especially his attire and the cog in his hair. It was fascinating. Ume was starting to get the drift that he had not made himself look right compared to these others.

He gave Dee a lopsided smile and tilted his head to the side like a puppy, wondering what would happen next.
"May I . . . come inside this wall?" he wondered. "Is it safe to do so?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee-AHN-dross   Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:27 pm

The man hesitated for a second, but one of the older Elves called out, "Let him in, Deandros," and he stepped aside, allowing Ume in the gate. Dee had slightly built up muscles, but his face was gentle and attractive. He nodded to Ume as the other Elves approached.
"Do you need help, fellow?" One of the Elves asked.
"What are you?" One of the younger ones asked.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:44 pm

"What am I? . . . Uh, what are you?" Ume began to visibly sweat. "I do need help . . . My skin feels bad, it got all pink from the sunshine. And my feet hurt." He held up one scratched and bloody foot for their inspection. "And I'm tired of eating leaves."
He looked at Dee, as though he somehow expected specially assistance from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee   Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:53 am

Dee was looking concerned, looking from Ume to the oldest of the Elves, worriedly.
"Oh, he's so lost," One of the Elves said, sadly.
"Fetch him some clothes and water," The elder Elf said, with a frown, "Come in, little one,"
A few of the Elves scattered to find Ume things. "Don't be afraid," One of the Elves told Ume, sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:03 am

Ume followed them through the gate. These people had a friendly quality that made him begin to feel at ease. He looked over his shoulder to see if Dee was following.
Children began to gather around to get a closer look at the strange visitor.
"Should we fetch Medicine Moma?" One of the children asked.
"What's a Moo-maah?" Ume wondered, pronouncing it slowly and carefully
The children gave him a look like he was crazy and giggled at him. One child poked his leg to see the pink skin turn white. "It's really burned alright."
"Ow." Ume complained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Silly Babies   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Dee walked beside Ume, at full alert, holding his head high.
"No, no, get back," The elder elf scolded the children, shooing them away from Ume, "This is serious, now. Yes, go fetch Medicine Moma, though," He said to one of the older ones.
"Sit down," One of the female Elves said, steering Ume to a large rock to sit on, to get him off of his feet, as some of the guards scurried back. One offered pants to Ume and one draped a blanket over his shoulders.
"Where do you come from?" One of the Elves asked.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume never wore clothes before   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Ume looked at the pants as though he wasn't sure what to do with them. He folded them into a square, put them down on the rock, and sat on them.
"I-I lived in the woods with my mother and now she has died. She told me to go find other-others." Ume said, unsure how much he should say.
The children scurried off to the hut near the back edge of the village where the Medicine Moma lived with her two grandchildren, who were also her apprentices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume So Cute   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:30 pm

"Ah, I see," The Elf said, somberly. The Elves exchanged sorrowful, more understanding glances with one another.
Dee tucked the blanket a little more carefully around Ume, trying to cover his nakedness for him, "You are very lucky to have come here." He said, in a soft, soothing voice.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:37 pm

"My mother was a little . . . paranoid about bad people. She made me afraid to approach anyone." Ume said, a heartbreaking sadness in his voice whenever he mentioned his mother, that was clearly genuine. "We stayed very isolated, the two of us. Thank you for helping me . . ."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Safety   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:42 pm

"She was right to do that," Dee said, firmly, "But, you are safe here," He held the blanket shut around Ume, protectively, so that it wouldn't slip.
One of the Elves brought Ume a tall glass of water, offering it to him.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Ume accepted the water and drank greedily. What little water he had been able to get lately had not been very clean and appetizing. He finally gasped out a breath when he had finished the whole glass.
He leaned against Dee, the boy's physical nearness making him feel cozy and affectionate. He thought of his mother's solid and warm side. When he was a baby he had looked at her and seen a wall of gleaming scales that had seemed to go on forever.

Then, guided by the children from before (they did not want to miss a thing), a withered old crone approached leaning heavily on an intricate carved wood cane topped by an old glass ball filled with cogs, wires, and glittering magical stones.
The Medicine Moma took care of all the villagers as if they were her children, although at times she could be a harsh Moma. It was best to stay on her good side.

She looked at Ume with her keen intelligent eyes. "Stand up, child, let me get a better look at you."
Ume looked toward Dee for help, he was frightened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Moma   Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Dee allowed Ume to be close, but took him by the shoulders and gently lifted him up slightly, for Medicine Moma to get a better look, "Let Moma look at you. She is good," He assured, quietly.
"He looks pretty battered from traveling with no protection, Moma," The older Elf said, with a grimace.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Medicine Moma sniffed Ume and examined his ears and teeth. "Well, he doesn't smell like a cannibal, nor have the teeth of one." She patted his green hair approvingly. "We will get you fixed up, my dear. He should have a cool bath for his skin and to loosen the dirt out of the cuts on his feet. Then I will bring him some lotion and bandages."

"Thank you, Miss Moma." Ume said timidly, trying to avoid meeting her eyes.
"Isn't he cute! Where will he stay?" The Medicine Moma asked Dee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: A Place For Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:14 pm

"Somewhere where we can watch him?" One of the more suspicious guards suggested.
"He can stay with Deandros and help keep him warm," One of the female guards said, helpfully, "It's going to start getting cold at night, after all,"
Dee gave her a look, as if he highly suspected he was somehow being tricked. He looked back at Medicine Moma, "He can stay with me, but maybe he should stay with you so you can take care of him?"
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:23 pm

"I'm afraid he couldn't hold his own with Iris and Sage. It is perhaps best to get used to them in small doses." Medicine Moma chuckled indulgently.
"Like building up your tolerance to a poison." One of the guard elves said snidely.
Medicine Moma shot him a stern look and he gulped, realizing how close he had come to crossing the line.

"I can sleep right here." Ume said, trying to be helpful. Although, it was not very comfortable by Dragon standards to sleep out in the open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dee Protective   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Dee gently squeezed Ume's shoulders, looking a little anxious, "No, you can't," He said, "He can stay with me until we find better arrangements for him," He looked at Medicine Moma for approval, one of his ears twitching.
Back to top Go down
Rora
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ume   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:36 pm

The Moma squeezed Dee's hand. "I know you will take good care of him. It is always wise to treat strangers well, you never know when one of them is a fairy or spirit in disguise."
Ume tilted his head to the side, considering her curious words. "I will be happy if Dee lets me stay with him."
"Then it's settled. I will send Sage over later to treat his injuries." Medicine Moma smiled, showing her three remaining teeth. It was always a blessing when she could solve a problem so easily.
She limped away back to her hut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Millie
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: It's Settled   Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:41 pm

"Alright, then," The older Elf said, "Go on and gather some water for him to wash up with," He instructed some of the older children and the younger guards, "Dee, take him to your house and so people stop gawking at him,"
Dee nodded and helped Ume to his feet. He picked up the pants and tried to lead Ume away, aiming him towards a nearby little hut. It was short, with a roof made of old sheet metal. It's heavy-looking wooden door had had designs carved on it for decoration, but they were well-worn now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story    

Back to top Go down

The Post-Post-Apocalyptic Story
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spider Socks :: Main RP :: Roleplay-
Jump to: